Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tutorial - How to Make a Kaftan/Poncho Tunic

Very pretty!

Kaftan/Poncho Tunic Tutorial at Blooms And Bugs
"So we have made a couple of things for wee ones so far, now lets get a little selfish and make something for ourselves. The inspiration of this garment came during a recent party I attended. I couldn't help but notice the disproportionate number of women wearing some sort of poncho dress/tunic/top.

After coming home I researched a bit - I looked around at various stores selling clothes for what was in vogue...and I was surprised by how many variations of this dress came up in my search. They're all over the place from Target to Anthropologie. They are called different things like Kaftan, poncho, kimono sleeves, but the basic idea is same.
They are so easy to make and they are trendy. So why not make one for ourselves..." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment